The following suggestions will help ensure that your content is easy to read and understand.
- Common fonts such as Arial or Times New Roman are used
- Techniques of writing for the Web are used: headings, bullet points, short sentences in short paragraphs, use of white space, etc.
- Fonts, font sizes, and font colors are consistently used
- Content provides meaningful, useful information
- Content is organized in a consistent manner
- Information is easy to find (minimal clicks)
- Timeliness: The date of the last revision and/or copyright date is accurate
- Content does not include outdated material
- Content is free of typographical and grammatical errors
- Content provides links to other useful sites
- Avoids the use of "Click here" when writing text for hyperlinks
- If standard link colors are not used, hyperlinks use a consistent set of colors to indicate visited/nonvisited status
- If graphics and/or media is used to convey meaning, the alternate text equivalent of the content is provided (accessibility)