Layout and Design
The following best practices for page layout should be used when designing your website.
Generally, you should follow these suggestions regarding layout and design, when creating your Website:
- Headers should look the same from one page to the next.
- Each page should look like part of the whole.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short.
- Use bulleted points to quickly convey information.
- Typically text should be left-justified
- Be sure to spell check to avoid mistakes that could hurt credibility.
- Use web-safe colors.
- Create hyperlinks the same color on all pages.
- Limit the number of colors on the page.
- Limit the number of different fonts and sizes on the page.
- Avoid light text on a dark background; it’s easier to read dark text on a light background.